I’ve been fancying that new cookie Prêt A Manger has been doing but for some reason you can’t get it anywhere these days. My local one is always out and the other day when I passed by a staff person said they’re revising the recipe.
So I’ve been scouring the web for something I can make that will temporarily fill the void of the perfect cookie lost in reinvention.
I am in no disillusion that what I’ve created today is a near enough replacement, but it is yummy still and did the job. Also, I ended up baking a load though I just wanted ONE cookie. Who am I kidding, I had 2. Might go for another one after dinner.
For anyone wanting to bake some delicious cookies. They really don’t take long to make.
What you need
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp ground flax seeds and 6 tbsp water. Leave for 15 min.)
- 125g almond butter
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 60ml maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 60g sugar
- 140g flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 100g dark chocolate chips
How to make them (about 15 cookies)
- Pre-heat the oven to 175°C.
- Mix in the dry ingredients in one bowl. Set aside.
- Mix in the wet ingredients in a bigger bowl (not yet the choc chips) and mix the almond butter well so it is all smooth.
- Bit by bit, add the dry ingredients to the wet batter until it is all mixed together.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop little balls onto a baking tray with baking paper and press them down a little.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes at 175°C.